Seeking eco-friendly solutions and striving for sustainability is something I'm intentional about. Here are the things I'm doing:
- I retain and reuse 95% of my glass supply. What doesn't become jewelry is saved for prototypes and one-of-a-kind pieces. Pieces that don't "work" are saved to be repurposed in a different form later.
- The Rally Collection uses factory-rendered recycled glass colored with natural oxides.
- I continue to prototype with my own recycled household glass. So far all the Glass Giving Garden Project flowers are made from this glass!
- Most sterling silver elements are made from recycled and reclaimed sterling silver.
- My vegan cord options (cork) are sustainable.
- While I hope you love your KK jewelry for many years, if your piece is showing wear or you're just not feeling it anymore, you have options:
- Send it back to me (I'll cover shipping) and I'll upcycle or recycle it for you. Contact me here to do this.
- Pass the piece along for someone else to enjoy!
- Remove metal elements yourself, then place the glass in household recycling. (Heads-up: Removing the metal elements can be tough; I recommend the previous two options!)
- KK tissue paper and product care cards are printed on recycled, sustainable paper with soy ink (which is kinder to the environment).
- Business and jewelry cards are printed on paper made from recycled paper and are recyclable.
- The packing peanuts I use are biodegradable and compostable. They dissolve in water and leave no toxic trace.
- KK shipping boxes are sustainable, and I will move to sustainable bubble mailers when I run out of the mailers I already have. (The only thing worse than not starting eco-friendly is wasting what you already have!)
- I save and reuse shipping materials I receive from other vendors, including bubble wrap and tissue paper.
- Boxes, bags, gift wrap, and tissue are usually logo-free in the hopes that you'll reuse them!
- The KK World Domination Headquarters (aka my studio) uses 100% Texas wind power to keep the lights on and the kiln firing. 🔥
- I work where I live. One less location and no commute!