In keeping with harmony (one of my four core values), seeking eco-friendly solutions and striving for sustainability is something I'm intentional about. Here are the things I'm doing:
- I retain and reuse 95% of my glass supply. What doesn't become jewelry is saved for prototypes and special one-of-a-kind pieces. Pieces that don't "work" are saved to be repurposed in a different form later.
- The Rally Collection uses factory-rendered recycled glass colored with natural oxides.
- I'm currently prototyping a "found objects" recycled glass line to launch Spring 2021.
- When possible, I use recycled and reclaimed sterling silver. (currently: adjustable ring backs, drop earring bars, wrap bracelet hooks)
- KK waxed cotton and vegan leather cord styles are biodegradable.
- While I hope you love your KK jewelry for many years, the glass in KK jewelry is recyclable. (Better yet, pass it along to someone else to enjoy!)
- KK tissue paper and product care cards are printed on recycled, sustainable paper with soy ink (which is kinder to the environment).
- Business and jewelry cards are printed on paper made from recycled t-shirt material and are uncoated making them recyclable.
- The packing peanuts I use are biodegradable and compostable (they decompose in water and leave no toxic trace!)
- I've sourced sustainable shipping boxes and will move to those when I run out of the supplies I already have. (The only thing worse than not starting eco-friendly is wasting what you already have in the name of sustainability.)
- The KK World Domination Headquarters (aka my workshop) uses 100% Texas wind power to keep the lights on and the kiln firing. 🔥
- While I hope my business soon outgrows the room in my house, the plus to the environment is that I work where I live. One less location and no commute!